This past week went by in a blur. I worked long days and was exhausted when I came home. ("came home" sounds a lot more dramatic than just walked 10 seconds from the one house to the house next to it as I live neighbours with the family)
Anyways a quick update:
– Racoons people, RACOONS. We have for the last three weeks forgotten to take our rubbish bins (heeeeh yeahyeah, we busy) out in time sooo yeah. Racoons come out at night and tear open the plastic bags. It's a great sight each morning I'm tellig ya. I thought it was just crazy determined birds but I was told it was racoons. So that feels a bit cooler than birds at least.
– I have seen more dead animals by the side of the road in these past three weeks than possibly my whole life. Ok, maybe not, but there are a lot of dead animals around. What type of animals I couldn't say.
– I went spinning the other night and my butt hurt for three days. As in really, really hurt. Other than that it was pretty alright.
– The summer thing to do here seems to be to ride on big motorcycles without helmets. I cringe everytime I see it. It's usually a middle aged (or older) man in front with sunglasses and a mustache and then a lady behind. It looks pretty sweet to be fair but HELMETS PEOPLE.
– I saw fireflies for the first time this week. I didn't understand what it was at firstas I just saw these tiny little lights turning on and off randomly in the garden. There were sooo many of them but it was too dark to get a picture of it. Super cool!
– Also. Freckles. I have freckles and it's a big deal.
And here are some pictures:
Last Sunday when Anna and I had some dinner before we bought ice cream at the creamery and sat down in the town gazebo to listen to the orchestra. This is what the town square, the diamond, looks like every Sunday at seven. Everyone brings there lawn chairs and sits and listens. And it seems as if they always start off by playin the star spangled banner. Everyone stands up direct themselves towards the flag and most people put their hands over the hearts, I really enjoy seeing it. When I went past it last night there was a man in a shirt with the american flag and eagles on it, one cool dude.
The preparations for the 4th of July are well underway. Flags EVERYWHERE (more than usual) and people are wearing anything american. It was pretty funny to see at church most men wearing some kind of american tie and I saw a few women wearing special earings for the occation. I don't mind it at all, I just don't quite understand the hype obviously as I am not an american and I know very little of the whole independace day story, more then the film that is, heheee.